Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cattle Drive

My path home avoids the highways and takes me on some back roads through Carroll and Frederick counties in Maryland. My drive home is longer this way but it is very relaxing viewing the hills and farmland. Yesterday and today I've been on a cow theme, although today the cow came to me. It was in the road, and when I approached it moseyed off to the side to chew some grass. She looked at me quizzically for a moment then resumed chewing while I took a few pictures. Worried that she might fulfill the Beef ad campaign, I turned the truck around to tell the farmer that Daisy was loose. Pulling up to the farmhouse I saw a young woman who had had the same idea informing the owners of the problem. My job was done, onward and upward.

The Drive Home


Mooove it!



Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.



Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.  ~Mark Twain






When a cow laughs, does milk come out her nose?



I think we had a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment