Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bob Goes to Pittsburgh

Flat Tire
I never get a flat. Apparently that only happens when I go to Pittsburgh. After passing a guy on a motorcycle, he speeds back right up next to me and points at my tire. I pull over and sure enough it is losing air fast.  I go to change the tire with the spare under the bed of the truck, only I can't lower the spare down. The spare tire has never been used in the 10 years it has been around and the lowering mechanism that raises and lowers the spare on a cable underneath the truck has locked up and refuses to work. Before leaving on the trip, I brilliantly decide that since I'm going out of town for a couple of days, I'll take all my tools out of the truck so I won't lose them if the truck gets broken into at the hotel.Without my tools, I resort to calling for some help and the tow truck guy takes about a half hour, with an assortment of different tools, to finally take it apart and get access to the spare. A 4 hour trip turns into 6.


 A Self Supporting Tower,A Guyed Tower and some Wind Turbines
Enjoying the local scenery alongside the Pennsylvania Turnpike for 2 hours.


Tow Truck
Help arrives. To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment